Electrical converter and adapter plugs. Most Asian electrical system operate at 220 volts.
• Phone, razor, alarm clock.
• Common toiletries, cold and digestive medications, lip balm, sanitary products and any over-the-counter medicines you generally use. (Almost all toiletries can be readily bought everywhere in Asia now).
• Chewing gum, mints or throat lozenges to keep your mouth moist.
• Reading materials, including a guidebook on the places you will see.
• Sunscreen lotion and sunglasses.
• A light raincoat or an umbrella, except in winter months.
• Camera, batteries, memory cards and film. Be aware that while print film is available in most places, slide film may be difficult to find. Be sure to pack extra batteries.
• A notebook to keep track of all the exciting things happening on the trip.